Chinese scientists have shown that magnetic memory, logic and sensor cells can be made faster and more energy efficient by using an electric, not magnetic, field to flip the magnetization of the sensing layer only about halfway, rather than completely to the opposite direction -- as described in the Journal of Applied Physics.
- Half-a-loaf method can improve magnetic memoriesTue, 24 Aug 2010, 17:23:28 EDT
- Rare coupling of magnetic and electric properties in a single materialMon, 25 Jul 2011, 14:32:42 EDT
- Nuclear magnetic resonance with no magnetsWed, 18 May 2011, 13:07:02 EDT
- Magnetic sensor that brooks no interferenceTue, 3 Jun 2008, 11:57:11 EDT
- UMD scientists make magnetic new graphene discoveryThu, 14 Apr 2011, 9:04:22 EDT