When it comes to air-quality advisories, city residents are no strangers, especially during the dog days of summer. But smog is made up of an array of air pollutants, including the mad hatter's muse, mercury. One Ryerson University researcher has found that summer is the peak season for this atmospheric toxin, and that higher levels of mercury species exist in the urban atmosphere as compared to rural regions.
- Mercury is higher in some tuna species, according to DNA barcodingWed, 21 Apr 2010, 3:20:58 EDT
- The first evidence of pre-industrial mercury pollution in the AndesMon, 18 May 2009, 17:29:45 EDT
- Air above Dead Sea contains very high levels of oxidized mercuryMon, 29 Nov 2010, 11:33:00 EST
- Toxic mercury, accumulating in the Arctic, springs from a hidden sourceMon, 21 May 2012, 12:35:57 EDT
- New model predicts hot spots for mercury in fishMon, 1 Dec 2008, 12:09:35 EST