In a new study, cognitive scientists have shown that when aware of both a negative and positive stereotype related to performance, women will identify more closely with the positive stereotype, avoiding the harmful impact the negative stereotype unwittingly can have on their performance.
- Psyched out by stereotypes: IU research suggests thinking about the positiveMon, 4 May 2009, 0:29:31 EDT
- Negative stereotypes shown to affect learning, not just performanceMon, 26 Jul 2010, 15:23:30 EDT
- Marketing technique: Activating gender stereotypes just to knock 'em downTue, 12 Feb 2013, 15:03:51 EST
- Visits to Nana's may keep toddlers from developing negative age stereotypesFri, 21 Aug 2009, 10:44:13 EDT
- Wanted: More female managersTue, 22 Mar 2011, 14:32:10 EDT