Millions of homes in rural areas of Far Eastern countries are heated by charcoal burned on small, hibachi-style portable grills. Scientists in Japan are now reporting development of an improved "biomass charcoal combustion heater" that they say could open a new era in sustainable and ultra-high efficiency home heating.
- New biomass charcoal heater: A 'new era' of efficiency and sustainabilityThu, 5 Feb 2009, 14:16:29 EST
- Charcoal takes some heat off global warmingTue, 10 Aug 2010, 11:23:53 EDT
- Wood stoves -- a viable home heat source?Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 13:30:23 EDT
- Home heating efficiencies offer 'hat trick' of savings: UM studyTue, 15 Dec 2009, 10:59:42 EST
- New twist on using biomass for perfume, cosmetic, personal care productsWed, 12 Dec 2012, 15:35:36 EST