Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 15:28 in Earth & Climate
The first beaver to be seen in New York City in 200 years has returned to the site where it was first spotted in 2007 -- on the lower Bronx River where it flows through the Bronx Zoo.
- The ecosystem engineer: Research looks at beavers' role in river restorationMon, 3 Jan 2011, 11:04:42 EST
- Beavers: Dam good for songbirdsWed, 8 Oct 2008, 13:18:15 EDT
- How New York City is preparing for climate changeTue, 1 Jun 2010, 12:26:44 EDT
- Whale songs are heard for the first time around New York City watersTue, 16 Sep 2008, 11:09:47 EDT
- The microbes you inhale on the New York City subwayWed, 24 Apr 2013, 20:34:34 EDT