Changes in climate can produce physical changes in the Earth and its atmosphere, but can also can wreak havoc in more subtle ways, such as the loss of habitat for plant and animal species. At the Ecological Society of America (ESA) 93rd Annual Meeting, climate change scientists will discuss how temperature-induced habitat loss can spell disaster for many living things.
- Climate change and species distributionsMon, 4 Aug 2008, 7:56:33 EDT
- Habitat restoration could help species to cope with climate changeMon, 18 Apr 2011, 14:33:57 EDT
- Mountain ranges may act as "safe haven" for species facing climate changeTue, 9 Nov 2010, 10:52:25 EST
- Climate change affects geographical range of plantsMon, 16 Aug 2010, 9:29:33 EDT
- Climate change threatens tropical birdsThu, 16 Feb 2012, 11:36:59 EST