Gamers have devoted countless years of collective brainpower to rescuing princesses or protecting the planet against alien invasions. This week researchers at the University of Washington will try to harness those finely honed skills to make medical discoveries, perhaps even finding a cure for HIV.
- Computer game's high score could earn the Nobel Prize in medicineThu, 8 May 2008, 13:21:20 EDT
- Gaming for a cure: Computer gamers tackle protein foldingWed, 4 Aug 2010, 14:25:25 EDT
- 10 years on, high-school social skills predict better earnings than test scoresWed, 15 Oct 2008, 13:38:22 EDT
- National Science Foundation congratulates Nobel Laureates in medicine/physiology, chemistry and economicsWed, 14 Oct 2009, 16:43:07 EDT
- Social skills, extracurricular activities in high school pay off later in lifeWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:52:24 EDT