Monday, April 30, 2012 - 08:02 in Mathematics & Economics
Harvard economist Alvin Roth is a matchmaker but he’s not finding love – he’s finding kidneys! With support from the NSF, he and his team have developed a suite of computer programs that match living kidney donors with recipients.
- Understanding donor-recipient genetics could decrease early kidney transplant complicationsTue, 25 Nov 2008, 15:56:53 EST
- Kidney donation Web sites raise ethical concernsWed, 15 Oct 2008, 17:22:24 EDT
- Organ network uses Carnegie Mellon algorithm to match live kidney donors with recipientsTue, 16 Nov 2010, 12:41:48 EST
- 2 people receive kidney transplants in pilot program using CMU softwareTue, 14 Dec 2010, 11:05:36 EST
- Metabolic syndrome in living kidney donors worsens function of remaining kidneyMon, 21 Jun 2010, 13:37:03 EDT