Monday, August 22, 2011 - 14:30 in Physics & Chemistry
The missing mamma of the hybrid yeast used to brew lager beers, which gave the yeast its cold-tolerance, has been found in Northwestern Patagonia.
- Brewing better beer: Scientists determine the genomic origins of lager yeastsWed, 10 Sep 2008, 17:35:58 EDT
- 500 years ago, yeast's epic journey gave rise to lager beerMon, 22 Aug 2011, 19:31:16 EDT
- Heads up: Stanford DNA study reveals evolution of beer yeastsWed, 10 Sep 2008, 17:35:49 EDT
- RNA interference found in budding yeastsFri, 11 Sep 2009, 9:25:11 EDT
- Scientists rise to the challenge of identifying and comparing yeast genomesTue, 21 Jun 2011, 18:31:54 EDT