Monday, October 19, 2009 - 16:28 in Mathematics & Economics
Yellow jackets, like honey bees and fire ants, exist in a sophisticated social hierarchy. Unlike other animals that travel in packs, these social insects will literally sacrifice their own survival in support of their hives, nests and colonies.
- Paper wasps and honey bees share a genetic toolkitTue, 27 Apr 2010, 12:09:20 EDT
- Princeton release: High social rank comes at a price, researchers findThu, 14 Jul 2011, 15:34:27 EDT
- The making of a queen: Road to royalty begins early in paper waspsWed, 19 May 2010, 18:38:03 EDT
- Plotting and treachery in ant royal familiesThu, 25 Feb 2010, 11:36:37 EST
- Altruism in social insects is a family affairThu, 29 May 2008, 14:49:45 EDT