The vote is a step toward settling a suit on behalf of children with psychiatric, emotional or behavioral problems. Los Angeles County's Board of Supervisors passed a 5-year, $62-million plan Tuesday to improve mental health services, taking a step toward fulfilling a 5-year-old settlement in a class-action lawsuit brought on behalf of children in foster care.
- Study looks at how mental health care affects outcomes for foster childrenTue, 13 Jan 2009, 13:57:39 EST
- Early foster care boosts quality of institutionalized children's ties to caregiversFri, 5 Feb 2010, 1:15:58 EST
- Mentoring, skills development associated with improved mental health in foster care childrenMon, 2 Aug 2010, 16:45:34 EDT
- Kinship care more beneficial than foster careMon, 2 Jun 2008, 13:08:14 EDT
- Children living with relatives struggle with physical, mental health issuesSun, 2 May 2010, 1:39:26 EDT