To combat the alarming obesity rate, the Institute of Medicine says the U.S. needs to overhaul everything from farm policies to zoning laws. Clearly, doing nothing isn't an option.Americans eat too damn much. And we all pay a rising cost for this gluttony in the form of higher insurance premiums and lost productivity.
- Obese workers cost workplace more than insurance, absenteeismFri, 8 Oct 2010, 5:08:02 EDT
- Policies that promote healthy eating, activity and sleep are needed to curb obesity in infants, toddlers and preschoolersThu, 23 Jun 2011, 15:38:14 EDT
- New report: Employer health insurance premiums increased 41 percent from 2003 to 2009Thu, 2 Dec 2010, 1:01:17 EST
- New strategic plan for NIH obesity research seeks to curb epidemicThu, 31 Mar 2011, 13:37:17 EDT
- A new molecule to combat diabetes and obesityTue, 1 Sep 2009, 12:53:42 EDT