Study of pepper-spraying incident at UC Davis and brutality complaints at UC Berkeley suggests mediation rather than confrontation and says campus police should not be mobilized at peaceful demonstrations.University of California police and administrators should use mediation instead of confrontation when dealing with most student protests, but pepper spray might remain a necessary tool of last resort, according to a UC draft report on campus civil disobedience.
- Experts demand better gender-equality training for the policeMon, 29 Nov 2010, 10:04:08 EST
- Political protests can lead to more responsive political parties, MU study findsThu, 17 Jun 2010, 16:52:46 EDT
- Montana State University students take aim at bear spray canistersThu, 25 Feb 2010, 15:25:26 EST
- Chile Pepper Institute introduces 'NuMex Jalmundo'Tue, 18 Jan 2011, 12:16:17 EST
- New hybrid plants could prompt more prodigious pepper production in SouthwestMon, 3 Nov 2008, 17:22:30 EST