The high prices reflect growing demand and a shortage of willing donors. Asian women can get about $10,000 to $20,000 for their eggs, while women of other ethnic groups typically get about $6,000.It's technically called an egg "donation." But if you're a young Asian woman, donating your eggs to an infertile couple can fetch enough cash to buy a used car or perhaps a semester at college.
- Egg donation: The way to happy motherhood, with risks and side effectsMon, 24 Jan 2011, 10:10:43 EST
- More research needed on cardiovascular disease in Asian-AmericansMon, 23 Aug 2010, 16:37:21 EDT
- Women and South Asians with angina have worse clinical outcomesMon, 22 Sep 2008, 17:00:50 EDT
- Gene variations linked to lung cancer susceptibility in Asian women Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 19:32:24 EST
- Most women report satisfaction with egg donation; some claim problemsWed, 17 Dec 2008, 13:08:47 EST