The latest Medicare fraud crackdown involves bogus claims totaling $452 million, officials say. Arrests are made in seven cities, including Los Angeles.WASHINGTON — Doctors, nurses and social workers from across the country, 107 in all, were charged in what federal officials in Washington called a "nationwide takedown" of medical professionals accused of fraudulently billing Medicare out of nearly half a billion dollars.
- CRC screening before Medicare age could save millions in federal health-care dollarsMon, 6 Oct 2008, 15:49:37 EDT
- CRC screening before medicare age could save millions in federal health care dollarsMon, 6 Oct 2008, 8:49:28 EDT
- Extra payments to Medicare Advantage plans to total $11.4 billion in 2009Mon, 4 May 2009, 0:43:17 EDT
- Extra medicare charges for the rich a slippery slope, expert saysMon, 9 Mar 2009, 14:24:04 EDT
- Medicare Part D associated with reduction in nondrug medical spendingTue, 26 Jul 2011, 22:33:19 EDT