A study suggests the test reduces risk of death 60% to 70% instead of up to 90% and finds that it's better at detecting cancer on the left side of the colon. Don't be overconfident of that recent colonoscopy's clean bill of health.
- Colonoscopy significantly reduces death from left-sided colon cancer but not from right-sidedMon, 15 Dec 2008, 17:44:02 EST
- Annals colonoscopy study underscores importance of quality standardsWed, 17 Dec 2008, 11:22:50 EST
- ASGE urges patients to seek a qualified endoscopist before undergoing a colonoscopyTue, 16 Dec 2008, 15:30:24 EST
- Use of a retroflexion technique during colonoscopy in the right side of the colon improves polyp detection Fri, 5 Aug 2011, 9:34:24 EDT
- Toward a urine test for detecting colon cancerWed, 21 Apr 2010, 13:43:55 EDT