A gym in Portland, Ore., will use exercise equipment to generate renewable energy. As Adam Boesel pedals an exercise bike, he sends power to a generator that converts his workout calories into electricity. Across the room in his small eco-friendly gym are half a dozen energy-efficient treadmills. On the roof, solar arrays gather more natural energy.
- Discovery opens door to efficiently storing and reusing renewable energySun, 31 Mar 2013, 9:31:37 EDT
- New solar energy conversion process could revamp solar power productionMon, 2 Aug 2010, 10:09:37 EDT
- Global investment in renewable energy powers to record $257 billionMon, 11 Jun 2012, 20:32:18 EDT
- Storing green electricity as natural gasWed, 5 May 2010, 12:53:35 EDT
- Berkeley Lab scientists generate electricity from virusesMon, 14 May 2012, 17:33:16 EDT