Officials hope the restrictions in Beijing and a few other cities will boost a larger effort to curtail the habit in China, which has 350 million smokers. Li Zhigang inhaled deeply from a cigarette while sitting on his haunches near the Beijing Railway Station before deciding there was no way that tighter smoking regulations would change where or when he'd grab a smoke.
- Cigarette smoke causes harmful changes in the lungs even at the lowest levelsFri, 20 Aug 2010, 0:28:56 EDT
- If your first cigarette gave you a buzz and you now smoke, a gene may be to blameFri, 8 Aug 2008, 12:36:39 EDT
- Smokers at risk from their own 'second-hand' smokeFri, 29 Jan 2010, 5:37:36 EST
- Contraband cigarettes account for 17 percent of all brands consumed by adolescent smokersTue, 8 Sep 2009, 5:21:37 EDT
- Researchers use novel methods to identify how cigarette smoke affects smokersWed, 6 Apr 2011, 10:09:01 EDT