A chance alignment of planets during a passing gust of the solar wind has allowed scientists to compare the protective effects of Earth’s magnetic field with that of Mars’ naked atmosphere. The result is clear: Earth’s magnetic field is vital for keeping our atmosphere in place.
- IBEX discovers that galactic magnetic fields may control the boundaries of our solar systemFri, 16 Oct 2009, 12:47:27 EDT
- Oldest measurement of Earth's magnetic field reveals battle between sun and Earth for our atmosphereThu, 4 Mar 2010, 14:49:34 EST
- Nuclear magnetic resonance with no magnetsWed, 18 May 2011, 13:07:02 EDT
- Solar winds triggered by magnetic fieldsMon, 2 Nov 2009, 11:33:11 EST
- EIT waves and coronal magnetic field diagnosisTue, 17 Nov 2009, 10:20:22 EST