A mysterious high-altitude layer of sulphur dioxide discovered by ESA’s Venus Express has been explained. As well as telling us more about Venus, it could be a warning against injecting our atmosphere with sulphur droplets to mitigate climate change.
- Venus holds warning for EarthTue, 30 Nov 2010, 12:05:20 EST
- Venus Express finds planetary atmospheres such a dragThu, 7 Oct 2010, 10:05:17 EDT
- Have Venusian volcanoes been caught in the act?Mon, 3 Dec 2012, 11:04:01 EST
- Where did Venus's water go?Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 9:50:56 EST
- Venus Express discovers hydroxyl in the atmosphere of Venus through its nightglow emissionThu, 15 May 2008, 9:29:23 EDT