Venus Express has completed an 'aerodrag' campaign that used its solar wings as sails to catch faint wisps of the planet’s atmosphere. The test used the orbiter as an exquisitely accurate sensor to measure atmospheric density barely 180 km above the hot planet.
- Surfing an alien atmosphereWed, 21 Apr 2010, 10:36:02 EDT
- Venus Express finds planetary atmospheres such a dragThu, 7 Oct 2010, 10:05:17 EDT
- Venus Express discovers hydroxyl in the atmosphere of Venus through its nightglow emissionThu, 15 May 2008, 9:29:23 EDT
- Key molecule discovered in Venus's atmosphereThu, 15 May 2008, 10:15:49 EDT
- Hubble traces subtle signals of water on hazy worldsFri, 6 Dec 2013, 11:06:47 EST