Gaps in the soup of high-energy particles near the orbits of two of Saturn’s tiny moons indicate that Saturn may be surrounded by undiscovered, near-invisible partial rings. A paper in the February issue of the journal Icarus suggests that the larger saturnian moons may not be the only ones contributing material to Saturn's ring system.
- Demise of large satellite may have led to the formation of Saturn’s rings and inner moonsSun, 12 Dec 2010, 13:36:03 EST
- Cassini sees collisions of moonlets on Saturn's ringThu, 5 Jun 2008, 10:07:36 EDT
- A long night falls over Saturn's ringsFri, 23 Oct 2009, 16:38:06 EDT
- 4 of Saturn's moons parade by their parentTue, 17 Mar 2009, 11:58:56 EDT
- Cassini shows Saturnian roller derbyThu, 18 Mar 2010, 14:53:42 EDT