Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 16:00 in Earth & Climate
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- An earthquake warming system proposed for California, similar to one in Japan, would use sensors in the ground to alert residents to temblors, scientists say.
- GPS solution provides 3-minute tsunami alertsFri, 17 May 2013, 9:37:23 EDT
- WHOI experts stress lessons From Japan earthquakeMon, 14 Mar 2011, 10:05:44 EDT
- New system can warn of tsunamis within minutesFri, 4 Mar 2011, 10:34:46 EST
- Early earthquake warning: New tools show promiseWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:51:28 EDT
- Iranian telegraph operator, first to propose earthquake early warning systemTue, 3 Sep 2013, 16:23:58 EDT