Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 16:00 in Earth & Climate
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- An earthquake warming system proposed for California, similar to one in Japan, would use sensors in the ground to alert residents to temblors, scientists say.
- WHOI experts stress lessons From Japan earthquakeMon, 14 Mar 2011, 10:05:44 EDT
- New system can warn of tsunamis within minutesFri, 4 Mar 2011, 10:34:46 EST
- Early earthquake warning: New tools show promiseWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:51:28 EDT
- System 97W's 'castle wall' breached, and opened up to dissipationFri, 4 Dec 2009, 14:52:29 EST
- Lake-effect theory sinks, but quake timing questions go onThu, 10 Feb 2011, 12:34:33 EST