Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - 22:30 in Astronomy & Space
PASADENA, Calif., May 9 (UPI) -- Galaxies with powerful, active and "hungry" black holes at their core produce fewer stars than galaxies with less active black holes, European astronomers say.
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Newly merged black hole eagerly shreds starsFri, 8 Apr 2011, 12:38:44 EDT
- Black hole growth found to be out of syncTue, 12 Jun 2012, 10:33:54 EDT
- Black holes are the rhythm at the heart of galaxiesTue, 18 Nov 2008, 16:23:00 EST
- Verdict: Supermassive black holes not guilty of shutting down star formationThu, 22 Jan 2009, 9:17:38 EST