Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 15:20 in Earth & Climate
NEW HAVEN, Conn., April 26 (UPI) -- Oil palm plantations in Borneo will be a leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions by 2020 unless protections are enacted and enforced, a U.S. study says.
- Oil palm surging source of greenhouse gas emissionsFri, 27 Apr 2012, 0:35:21 EDT
- New study suggests EU biofuels are as carbon intensive as petrolMon, 7 Nov 2011, 7:33:46 EST
- Stanford researchers show oil palm plantations are clearing carbon-rich tropical forests in BorneoSun, 7 Oct 2012, 14:33:50 EDT
- First photos ever of jaguars in Colombian oil palm plantation taken with Panthera's camera trapsWed, 6 Jun 2012, 19:14:08 EDT
- Oil palm plantations are no substitute for tropical rainforests, a new study showsMon, 15 Sep 2008, 10:50:18 EDT