Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 04:00 in Earth & Climate
COLLEGE PARK, Md., July 29 (UPI) -- U.S. researchers say a new, affordable early warning system for the nation's aging bridges might avert bridge collapses that could result in loss of life.
- Averting bridge disasters: New technology could save hundreds of livesFri, 29 Jul 2011, 21:34:04 EDT
- U of Minnesota's independent study of the I-35W bridge collapse results parallel NTSB reportThu, 20 Nov 2008, 12:23:27 EST
- Crossing the gap: Civil engineers develop improved method for detecting, measuring bridge damageThu, 19 Jul 2012, 13:07:23 EDT
- Mimicking fish and tailoring radar to warn of bridge perilWed, 1 Sep 2010, 10:16:02 EDT
- Implementing sustainable technology to monitor the integrity of the nation's bridgesThu, 16 Apr 2009, 16:14:50 EDT