Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 14:28 in Physics & Chemistry
LIVERMORE, Calif., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- U.S. scientists say they have discovered that compression makes a diamond so strong it can withstand nearly a million times atmospheric pressure.
- Diamond is one tough cookieTue, 26 Jan 2010, 13:16:26 EST
- Huge pressures that melt diamond on planet Neptune determined by Sandia researchersWed, 18 Feb 2009, 9:23:45 EST
- Shocking results from diamond anvil cell experimentsTue, 6 Jul 2010, 14:08:41 EDT
- 'BC5' material shows superhard, superconducting potentialTue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:46:56 EDT
- New form of girl's best friend is lighter than everTue, 17 May 2011, 14:35:10 EDT