Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 13:30 in Astronomy & Space
In 1882, scientists determined Earth’s distance from the Sun by measuring the Venus Transit. This process, now applied in NASA orbiting Kepler Mission, discovers new planets by measuring the light-curve of transit across other stars faraway.
- NASA's Kepler mission discovers 2 planets transiting same starThu, 26 Aug 2010, 16:10:46 EDT
- European team finds smallest transiting extrasolar planet everTue, 3 Feb 2009, 9:59:49 EST
- New planet-weighing technique foundWed, 27 Jun 2012, 17:05:11 EDT
- Hubble to use moon as mirror to see Venus transitFri, 4 May 2012, 16:04:19 EDT
- Six small planets orbiting a sun-like star amaze astronomersWed, 2 Feb 2011, 13:39:33 EST