Thursday, September 3, 2009 - 15:14 in Astronomy & Space
The sun is in the pits of the deepest solar minimum in a century. Weeks and sometimes whole months go by without even a single tiny sunspot. The quiet has prompted some observers to wonder, are sunspots disappearing?
- New method detects emerging sunspots deep inside the sun, provides warning of dangerous solar flaresFri, 19 Aug 2011, 15:33:02 EDT
- Sun goes longer than normal without producing sunspotsMon, 9 Jun 2008, 13:29:07 EDT
- University of Hawaii at Manoa graduate finds 'cool' gas may form and strengthen sunspotsTue, 31 Jan 2012, 12:33:53 EST
- Sunspots revealed in striking detail by supercomputersThu, 18 Jun 2009, 14:27:07 EDT
- Montana State University team solves mystery of missing sunspots, helps predict space weatherWed, 2 Mar 2011, 13:39:08 EST