Evidence from Siberian caves suggests that a global temperature rise of 1.5 degrees Celsius could see permanently frozen ground thaw over a large area of Siberia, threatening release of carbon from soils, and damage to natural and human environments.
- Caves point to thawing of SiberiaThu, 21 Feb 2013, 15:34:26 EST
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT
- Thawing permafrost likely to boost global warmingMon, 1 Sep 2008, 3:49:46 EDT
- Stream water study detects thawing permafrostWed, 5 May 2010, 15:46:43 EDT