Monday, August 20, 2012 - 16:00 in Health & Medicine
People who are obese and also have high blood pressure and other risk factors called metabolic abnormalities may experience a faster decline in their cognitive skills over time than others, according to a new study.
- Metabolic syndrome risk factors drive significantly higher health care costsThu, 17 Sep 2009, 11:27:44 EDT
- Cognition declines 4 times faster in people with Alzheimer's disease than those with no dementiaMon, 22 Mar 2010, 17:56:56 EDT
- Certain obese people are not at high risk of heart disease, diabetesSat, 19 Jun 2010, 14:22:29 EDT
- Diabetes and elevated levels of cholesterol linked to faster cognitive decline in Alzheimer's patientsMon, 9 Mar 2009, 18:30:24 EDT
- Study links heart disease risk factors to some cognitive decline Tue, 12 Apr 2011, 11:05:50 EDT