Physicists have made a breakthrough that improves understanding of matter-light interactions. Their research allows double ionization events to be observed at the time scale of attoseconds and shows that these ionization events occur earlier than thought -- a key factor to improve knowledge of correlated electron dynamics.
- Erasing history? Temporal cloaks adjust light's throttle to hide an event in timeWed, 12 Oct 2011, 13:39:37 EDT
- IBEX makes first images of magnetotail structures, dynamic interactions occurring in spaceTue, 14 Dec 2010, 16:36:10 EST
- Quantum dynamics of matter waves reveal exotic multibody collisionsFri, 14 May 2010, 10:55:00 EDT
- Physics and math shed new light on biology by mapping the landscape of evolutionWed, 8 Aug 2012, 16:05:01 EDT
- UCSB physicists detect and control quantum states in diamond with lightThu, 14 Oct 2010, 15:15:41 EDT