A new study holds implications for the impact of biofuels production on deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions. The volume of greenhouse gas released when a forest is cleared depends on how the trees will be used and in which part of the world the trees are grown.
- Time, place and how wood is used are factors in carbon emissions from deforestationTue, 15 May 2012, 7:34:22 EDT
- Seeing the forest and the trees helps cut atmospheric carbon dioxideFri, 13 Feb 2009, 18:37:15 EST
- Paying to save tropical forests could be a way to reduce global carbon emissionsWed, 23 Jul 2008, 16:42:40 EDT
- Plan to conserve forests may be detrimental to other ecosystemsThu, 12 Jun 2008, 14:22:58 EDT
- Fires in Amazon challenge emission reduction programThu, 3 Jun 2010, 14:52:44 EDT