Beyond the high-speed hard drive: Topological insulators open a path to room-temperature spintronics
Theorists and experimenters have explored the unique properties of topological insulators, where electrons may flow on the surface without resistance, with spin orientations and directions intimately related. Recent research opens exciting prospects for practical new room-temperature spintronic devices that can exploit control of electron spin as well as charge.
- Beyond the high-speed hard drive: Topological insulators open a path to room-temperature spintronicsTue, 15 May 2012, 11:22:46 EDT
- Physicists take photonic topological insulators to the next level Fri, 21 Dec 2012, 13:06:36 EST
- A 'nanoscale landscape' controls flow of surface electrons on a topological insulatorThu, 25 Oct 2012, 16:07:49 EDT
- Silicon spin transistors heat up and spins last longerMon, 14 Mar 2011, 21:31:45 EDT
- NRL scientists achieve high temperature milestone in silicon spintronicsThu, 5 May 2011, 10:38:21 EDT