Scientists are reporting a possible link between the use of sunscreen containing a certain ingredient that mimics the effects of the female sex hormone estrogen and an increased risk of being diagnosed with endometriosis, a painful condition in which uterine tissue grows outside the uterus.
- New finding: Strong period pain and excess weight in childhood increases risk of endometriosisThu, 11 Mar 2010, 9:24:26 EST
- Trans fats linked to increased endometriosis risk and omega-3-rich food linked to lower riskTue, 23 Mar 2010, 20:35:49 EDT
- Scientists identify possible cause of endometriosisTue, 5 Aug 2008, 10:14:40 EDT
- Women with endometriosis need special care during pregnancy to avoid risk of premature birthWed, 1 Jul 2009, 8:57:03 EDT
- Genetic variants linked to increased risk of common gynecological diseaseSun, 12 Dec 2010, 13:36:05 EST