Badly controlled diabetes are known to affect the brain causing memory and learning problems and even increased incidence of dementia, although how this occurs is not clear. But now a study in mice with type 2 diabetes has discovered how diabetes affects a brain area called hippocampus causing memory loss, and also how caffeine can prevent this.
- Lifestyle changes may stave off diabetes for a decadeMon, 2 Nov 2009, 17:59:27 EST
- Does diabetes speed up memory loss in Alzheimer's disease?Tue, 27 Oct 2009, 18:10:55 EDT
- Diabetic episodes affect kids' memoryMon, 19 Oct 2009, 13:36:55 EDT
- Caffeine and diabetes -- helpful or harmful?Thu, 7 Apr 2011, 17:03:49 EDT
- Receptor activation protects retina from diabetes destructionTue, 9 Sep 2008, 13:56:54 EDT