Hip replacement is one of the most frequent operations carried out in Germany. Each year, doctors implant some 200,000 artificial hip joints. Often the artificial hips need to be replaced just ten years later. In the future, a new implant currently being developed using high technology materials could help prevent premature revision surgeries.
- Kaiser Permanente demonstrates success of large-scale total joint replacement registryThu, 22 Jul 2010, 8:56:48 EDT
- New test shows promise for detecting warning signs of joint replacement failureWed, 27 Apr 2011, 11:05:23 EDT
- Nanostructures improve bone response to titanium implantsThu, 3 Jul 2008, 9:21:54 EDT
- Researchers coat titanium with polymer to improve integration of joint replacementsTue, 1 Jul 2008, 11:31:44 EDT
- UCSF unveils model for implantable artificial kidney to replace dialysisThu, 2 Sep 2010, 16:38:22 EDT