A parasite that fights the zombie-ant fungus has yielded some of its secrets to an international research team. The research reveals, for the first time, how an entire ant colony is able to survive infestations by the zombie-ant fungus, which invades an ant's brain and causes it to march to its death at a mass grave near the ant colony, where the fungus spores erupt out of the ant's head.
- The zombie-ant fungus is under attack, research revealsWed, 2 May 2012, 20:31:57 EDT
- Zombie ants have fungus on the brain, new research revealsMon, 9 May 2011, 9:33:06 EDT
- Zombie ants have fungus on the brainSun, 8 May 2011, 21:30:37 EDT
- 'Soyscreen': Sunscreen for fungus to expand biological control of crop pestsWed, 8 Sep 2010, 11:52:12 EDT
- Uncovering the genome secrets of the Blackleg fungusTue, 15 Feb 2011, 12:34:41 EST