New brain stimulation technology can prevent debilitating migraine attacks from occurring, study suggests. The technique, using transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), applies a mild electrical current to the brain from electrodes attached to the scalp.
- Brain stimulation improves dexterityMon, 27 Oct 2008, 19:42:47 EDT
- New depression treatment 'safe and effective'Thu, 8 Mar 2012, 0:33:05 EST
- Migraines associated with higher incidence of brain lesions among women; effect on health uncertainTue, 13 Nov 2012, 21:34:11 EST
- Electrical brain stimulation improves math skillsThu, 4 Nov 2010, 12:56:01 EDT
- Migraine mice exhibit enhanced excitatory transmission at cortical synapsesWed, 11 Mar 2009, 16:31:39 EDT