Development of new therapies for a range of medical conditions -- from common sports injuries to heart attacks -- will be supported by a new production-scale microthread extruder. The system is in the final stages of testing and validation and will soon be manufacturing thousands of hair-like biopolymer threads a day.
- WPI team scales-up production of biopolymer microthreadsMon, 30 Apr 2012, 21:31:35 EDT
- A 'stitch in time' could help damaged heartsThu, 9 Dec 2010, 10:38:37 EST
- Uncharted territory: Scientists sequence the first carbohydrate biopolymerTue, 11 Oct 2011, 16:37:02 EDT
- Pitt researchers: Plant-based plastics not necessarily greener than oil-based relativesThu, 21 Oct 2010, 13:53:33 EDT
- Simple test helps predict heart attack riskTue, 10 Mar 2009, 11:53:11 EDT