Monday, April 30, 2012 - 16:30 in Physics & Chemistry
Chemical engineers have discovered a new, high-yield method of making the key ingredient used to make plastic bottles from biomass. The process currently creates the chemical p-xylene with an efficient yield of 75-percent.
- Chemical engineers at UMass Amherst find high-yield method of making xylene from biomassMon, 30 Apr 2012, 17:33:25 EDT
- A high-yield biomass alternative to petroleum for industrial chemicalsThu, 25 Nov 2010, 14:34:38 EST
- Iowa State chemists discover method to create high-value chemicals from biomassThu, 2 Sep 2010, 17:25:40 EDT
- New process yields high-energy-density, plant-based transportation fuelThu, 25 Feb 2010, 14:41:46 EST
- Hydrothermal liquefaction -- the most promising path to a sustainable bio-oil productionThu, 7 Feb 2013, 0:32:41 EST