Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 14:30 in Astronomy & Space
The moonscape was created using high-resolution topography data from LRO's Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter, which has provided the most precise and complete maps to date of the moon's complex, heavily cratered terrain.
- NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter brings 'earthrise' to everyoneSat, 21 Apr 2012, 15:32:05 EDT
- NASA's LRO creating unprecedented topographic map of moonFri, 17 Dec 2010, 17:21:49 EST
- Moon's rough 'wrinkles' reveal clues to its pastSat, 14 May 2011, 7:03:05 EDT
- Incredible shrinking moon is revealed by the Lunar Reconnaissance OrbiterThu, 19 Aug 2010, 14:24:15 EDT
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's LAMP shedding light on permanently shadowed regions of the moonThu, 17 Sep 2009, 14:05:44 EDT