Two new studies into the "plumbing systems" that lie under volcanoes could bring scientists closer to understanding plate ruptures and predicting eruptions -- both of which are important steps for protecting the public from earthquake and volcanic hazards.
- Volcanic plumbing provides clues on eruptions and earthquakesThu, 12 Apr 2012, 19:33:55 EDT
- Volcanic plumbing exposedFri, 30 Mar 2012, 22:32:36 EDT
- No Redoubt: Volcanic eruption forecasting improvedMon, 29 Apr 2013, 17:03:16 EDT
- Sumatra faces yet another risk -- major volcanic eruptionsWed, 16 May 2012, 15:34:26 EDT
- Researchers to study rebirth of an island after volcanic eruptionThu, 6 Aug 2009, 16:26:25 EDT