Deep sequencing reveals potentially toxic, trade-restricted ingredients in some traditional Chinese medicines
Researchers have used new DNA sequencing technology to reveal the animal and plant composition of traditional Chinese medicines (TCMs). Some of the TCM samples tested contained potentially toxic plant ingredients, allergens, and traces of endangered animals.
- Missouri Botanical Garden scientists examine toxicity of medicinal plants in PeruThu, 15 Dec 2011, 10:38:57 EST
- Solving a traditional Chinese medicine mysteryThu, 3 Mar 2011, 15:04:39 EST
- Sequencing hundreds of chloroplast genomes now possibleFri, 1 Feb 2013, 4:34:24 EST
- Super-strong, high-tech material found to be toxic to aquatic animalsWed, 22 Aug 2012, 14:10:29 EDT
- Chemists synthesize herbal alkaloidWed, 15 Apr 2009, 17:29:06 EDT