Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 18:30 in Biology & Nature
Physically fit frogs have faster-changing genomes, says a new study of poison frogs. Stretches of DNA accumulate changes over time, but the rate at which those changes build up varies considerably between species, researchers say.
- Disease threat may change how frogs mateMon, 27 Jul 2009, 9:44:40 EDT
- Study finds climate changes faster than species can adaptMon, 5 Dec 2011, 22:37:54 EST
- Pesticide atrazine can turn male frogs into femalesMon, 1 Mar 2010, 15:35:20 EST
- Frog's immune system is key in fight against killer virusFri, 27 Feb 2009, 12:39:10 EST
- 'McDonalization' of frogsTue, 22 Sep 2009, 14:44:08 EDT