Infrared and X-ray observations from two space telescopes have been combined to create a unique look at violent events within the giant galaxy Centaurus A. The observations strengthen the view that the galaxy may have been created by the cataclysmic collision of two older galaxies.
- 'Dark core' may not be so dark after allThu, 29 Nov 2012, 14:38:59 EST
- Iconic rings and flares of galaxies created by violent, intergalactic collisionsFri, 21 Nov 2008, 14:50:53 EST
- Forming the present-day spiral galaxiesThu, 4 Feb 2010, 11:24:40 EST
- VLT looks into the eyes of the virginWed, 24 Aug 2011, 11:35:08 EDT
- Giant galaxy Messier 87 finally sized upWed, 20 May 2009, 12:03:34 EDT
Latest Science NewsletterGet the latest and most popular science news articles of the week in your Inbox! It's free!
Check out our next project, Biology.Net
From other science news sites
- Obama speech: Drones, Benghazi, and Gitmo responsibility lies with Congress.
- Midnight Raver article- Seeco speaks plus Kaya Tour Rehearsal sessions, Miami 1978 Dated March 28th 2012 by Marleyrkives. Roger Steffens( known as Ras Rojah) given credit for telling them about Seeco's role in the wailers. The information he got from me.