Metformin, a drug widely used to treat Type 2 diabetes, may help to prevent primary liver cancer, researchers report. The medication, which is derived from the French lilac, is being studied in connection with the prevention of a variety of cancers. This preclinical study is the first to focus on liver cancer.
- SAMe is effective in preventing formation of primary liver cancer in ratsThu, 30 Jul 2009, 11:25:24 EDT
- Long-term L-carnitine supplementation prevents development of liver cancerTue, 24 Mar 2009, 10:48:13 EDT
- Study indicates cancer preventive effect for statinsTue, 5 May 2009, 15:50:06 EDT
- Metabolic syndrome increases risk of both major types of primary liver cancer Thu, 21 Jul 2011, 11:38:47 EDT
- Mayo study: Common diabetes drug may treat ovarian cancerTue, 4 Dec 2012, 10:05:34 EST