Nine out of 10 drugs successfully tested in mice and other animal models ultimately fail to work in people, and one reason may be that laboratory mice are cold, according to an expert. Scientists report that given the proper materials, mice will build a cozy nest that allows them to naturally regulate their temperatures to a comfortable level.
- Making mice comfy leads to better science, Stanford researcher saysSat, 31 Mar 2012, 23:01:28 EDT
- Stress relief: Lab mice that exercise control may be more normalMon, 8 Dec 2008, 16:31:14 EST
- Mice and men should have more in common in clinical trialsMon, 30 Mar 2009, 14:50:50 EDT
- Depressed mice could aid research on drug-resistant depression in humansTue, 29 Jun 2010, 15:07:40 EDT
- Diabetes drug kills cancer stem cells in combination treatment in miceMon, 14 Sep 2009, 11:50:22 EDT