A widely used insecticide can threaten the health of bumblebee colonies and interfere with the homing abilities of honeybees, according to a pair of new studies. Researchers have proposed multiple causes for these declines, including pesticides, but it's been unclear exactly how pesticides are inflicting their damage.
- Pesticides not yet proven guilty of causing honeybee declinesThu, 20 Sep 2012, 15:06:18 EDT
- Use of common pesticide linked to bee colony collapseFri, 6 Apr 2012, 0:32:52 EDT
- Organic pesticides not always 'greener' choice, study findsTue, 22 Jun 2010, 18:38:31 EDT
- Pesticide combination affects bees' ability to learnWed, 27 Mar 2013, 14:29:02 EDT
- Combined pesticide exposure affects bumblebee colony successMon, 22 Oct 2012, 12:06:03 EDT