Scientists report "compelling evidence" that the Deepwater Horizon oil spill has impacted deep-sea corals. Their study used underwater robots to investigate the corals and comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography to determine precisely the source of petroleum hydrocarbons found.
- New research reveals deep-ocean impact of the Deepwater Horizon explosionMon, 26 Mar 2012, 21:34:17 EDT
- First report on fate of underwater dispersants in Deepwater Horizon oil spillWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:05:09 EST
- Deep below the Deepwater Horizon oil spill Mon, 18 Jul 2011, 16:36:48 EDT
- MBARI sends underwater robot to study Deepwater Horizon spillFri, 28 May 2010, 17:09:36 EDT
- WHOI scientists analyze, explain the chemical makeup of Gulf plumeMon, 18 Jul 2011, 16:36:37 EDT